Brazil is located on the South American Plate. This mid-plate region is known to be the least active stable continental regions in the world. The biggest earthquake they had was recorded at a magnitude of 6.2 mb. In Brazil, you can identify several seismic zones. this also includes carton edges.
Brazil has a seismic-building standard that has been enforced since 2006. However, that was based on the outdated seismic hazard map. Therefore, researchers are suggesting that Brazil update their building codes in order to prevent low-intensity tremors from causing damage
RESOURCES:
http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/dr20170823-a-new-map-of-seismic-hazards-in-brazil-shows-that-new-building-code-is-required
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/266393548_Intraplate_seismicity_in_Brazil
Brazil has a seismic-building standard that has been enforced since 2006. However, that was based on the outdated seismic hazard map. Therefore, researchers are suggesting that Brazil update their building codes in order to prevent low-intensity tremors from causing damage
RESOURCES:
http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/dr20170823-a-new-map-of-seismic-hazards-in-brazil-shows-that-new-building-code-is-required
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/266393548_Intraplate_seismicity_in_Brazil
HI Ryan,
ReplyDeleteBasically Brazil is not as likely to have an earthquake? That is a good thing, because the way the world is right now all of the countries I feel are at a risk of anything. I did hear that even us here in California are at risk. Great post, I will keep an eye on you blog for more about Brazil!!
Joelle